It’s been a month since my dad passed away. He bravely battled stage four bile duct cancer. He was courageous until the very end.
Here are some lessons I’ve learned from half a year of being his carer:
- Every moment counts
- Never underestimate the power of a side-hustle
- Having a hobby that does not involve a gadget or the internet goes a long way
- There is no such thing as a wasted opportunity
- Friends are the family we choose
- Keeping a journal is therapeutic
- Prayer works
- Exercise is an everyday essential
- Life is too short
- Charity is a healthy kind of selfishness
- Always find a way to share what you have learned
- Learn when you still can
- Work should not be an excuse to abandon one’s family.