As you may know by now, I am in a transition period. Career-wise, I am still on the lookout for the perfect role to fit my qualifications and circumstances. Personally, the past few months have been a period of significant growth. Want to know how I managed to thrive in uncertainty? Read on my five tips on being a better person amidst the vacuum of not knowing what’s next.
- Visit museums. Art makes me realize that negative experiences can be a catalyst for beautiful output. While you are there, read captions and the stories behind these artworks and their artists. You may also ask for help from the tour guides or curators. Reflect on the pieces that have moved you and why they have affected you.
- Read. Now is the best time to educate yourself. Books are inexpensive yet valuable sources of knowledge. Balance the self-help with fiction. Also, read magazines and keep up with the news. The more you know!
- Workout. An endorphin rush can do wonders to your health and overall mood. Start with cardio and stick to a schedule that is ideal for you.
- Listen to music. If Top 40 hits can make you smile, then by all means, listen to pop!
- Listen to podcasts. They’re free and insightful. Plus, they foster learning while in transit- or while job hunting! My favorites are In Good Company and How I Built This.
I will be sharing more in the coming days and I hope that my blog journey is somehow helping you too. Whether you are facing uncertainty or stuck somewhere, always remember to thrive. You are never alone, and there is never a better time to improve yourself than the present.
***Comments are welcome at email@example.com***